+353 1 626 4363
Shackleton Mill, also known as Anna Liffey Mill, is a water-powered flour mill situated on the north bank of the River Liffey at the base of Tinkers Hill in Lucan. Flour milling was established on the site as early as 1776 and the Anna Liffey Mill was acquired by the Shackleton family in the late 1850s. The core buildings on the site date to the early 1800s, while additions and accretions continued until the 1970s. In 1998 flour production ceased and in 2002 Fingal County Council bought the mill with the aim of creating an industrial heritage and visitor centre for the Liffey valley.