Our tried and tested Level 2 Kayak skills programme is run over the course of 5 days, each day is 2.5 hours and can be spread over a single week or one day a week for 5 weeks. We cover all the basics of kayaking to ensure our students get comfortable and gain the confidence they need to try new skills. This is delivered by a registered and qualified Canoeing Ireland instructor/coach. This course will help young people build confidence, strengthen their character, and help them to judge risk vs reward. We cover how to be safe in, on and around the water, different kayak strokes, what to do if you’re upside down and how to get back into the kayak.
Canoeing Ireland Certified Level 2 Kayak Skills Award
Benefits to your students
Along with simply being a fun and enjoyable activity, kayaking has numerous health and physical benefits to your students. It allows them to engage in a low impact full body exercise in a safe and breath-taking natural environment. Kayaking helps them to build confidence, improve their focus, problem-solving and motor skills.
Our Programme is specifically designed to suit small group work which promotes positive communication and teamwork, while encouraging engagement from all members of the team. Our programme can be adjusted to suit any year group from 1st to 6th year and we are happy to work with you to tailor the day to ensure your students fully harness their experience.
So why book with us?
- Location, Location, Location – just off M50, 10 mins from Dublin City.
- Complimentary Car Park – Complimentary Changing Rooms with Hot Showers.
- Sublime riverside lunch dining area
- Complimentary Arrival Tea and Coffee for Teachers.
- All of our instructors are fully qualified Canoeing Ireland Kayak Instrutors and first aid trained.
- All equipment provided
How to book
Numbers: Based on 12 students per session
Cost €190 per person for 5 x 2.5
Call +353 1 6264363 or Email email@example.com
At the time of booking, we ask for approximate numbers with final numbers required 48 hours in advance
What Does the Course Cover
- Kayak safely and competently on Grade 1 water as part of group
- An understanding of the safety involved in kayaking
- Assist in and perform basic rescues
- Be able to enter and exit a kayak correctly
- Different strokes
- Capsize drill
- Have a good understanding of weather and its effect on water sessions
Know before you go
Consent Form are to be completed for all students online, 48 hours in advance. All you need to bring is a towel, swimsuit, old shoes or runners (these will get wet).
One teacher is required to be present on site at all times.
- Buoyancy aid
What should I bring
We have everything you need to get on the water in comfort and safety. All you need is swimwear for under your wetsuit, old runners you don’t mind getting wet and a towel to dry off afterwards. We recommend you arrive beach ready (swimwear already on under clothes).
How to find us
Canoe Centre, Mill Lane,
Palmerstown, Dublin 20,