THESE BOATS ARE USED MODELS AND ARE SOLD AS SEEN
This is the biggest boat in the Bellyak lineup…great for folks up to 300 pounds (135kg). Super stable for smaller paddlers as the extra volume floats you higher for a dryer ride. This is our most stable Bellyak, and thus the best for outfitters, rental agencies, and watersports programs.
The Play provides a common ground…a place to meet, to flow, to flourish, a place to play. It's not what boat we bring to the put-in, it's the fact that we're at the put-in. Inner tube, canoe, creek boat, duckie or raft…floating is fun and gives us an earthly sense of flying. River, surf or lake.
If you have a class II/III run in your backyard you want to spice up, or want a new way to play in the ocean, the Play is the newest mode of travel from Bellyak. This boat is designed to play every feature of the river. The Play features a high performance planing hull that allows fast transitions on waves, through eddylines, and effortless spinning in a hole. The shorter length allows you to play the smallest feature, while providing a stable platform for pushing the limits. This boat is designed for playing…surf, squirt, blast, spin…the potential of this boat is still untapped!
For the beginner paddler, there is no better way to learn the river and its features than on a Play 45. Since you lie down prone on the boat, the river becomes a full body experience magnifying the subtle nuances of current and eddy lines. Movement becomes almost intuitive as your body reacts to the river's shifts and pull on the boat greatly enhancing the learning curve for the beginner whitewater enthusiast. Without a skirt or the need to learn how to do a wet exit or roll, you can focus on the more important aspects of successful river running- reading the river, learning to flow, and most importantly, having fun.
- Planing Hull: Defined chines allow easy spinning, loose surfing and unlimited down river play.
- Rocker: Lots of rocker in bow and stern allow for dynamic surfing in river or ocean.
- Stable: wider profile and higher volume makes this the most forgiving of all the Bellyak designs, great for rentals, outfitters and institutional use.
- Shorter Length: Allows for use of feet to rudder while surfing.
- Contoured Deck Area: Allows for maximum control while surfing as well as easy resurfacing after drops.